Besides the weekly Saturday market and the farmers market (every Wednesday) there are lot’s of different events happening in Nelson all year round.
The following list can’t be complete as there is something new coming up constantly.
- The year starts with the annual motorcycle race around the port of Nelson on January 2nd every year.
- Solar City Summer Movies show classic movies open air through January.
- Also early in January the Jazz & Blues Festival takes place, which is immediately followed by the Street Beats at the top of Trafalgar Street.
- For the younger ones there is the annual Teddy Bears Picnic in Stoke’s beautiful Isel Park.
- In early February the buskers are in the streets of Nelson.
- If you prefer more classic music, enjoy the Chamber Music Festival in Founders Park with international and New Zealand artists.
- Towards the end of February the Opera in the Park is great events at Trafalgar Par. Top opera stars provide a night of fabulous music in a picnic atmosphere.
- Beer lovers will enjoy the Marchfest in Founders Park, an event with craft beer.
- Every year in October the Ecofest Nelson Tasman is a great event to show all kinds of energy saving and environment friendly products.
- The Arts Fest in October is definitely the start of spring.